I’d like to share with you the list of documents that we were told to prepare for applying for a visa.
- Your passport;
- Appropriate Canada visa application form;
- Proof of paid Canada visa fees;
- Proof of clean criminal record;
- Proof of being in good health through a medical exam;
- Photographs in accordance with the photo requirements for a Canada visa;
- Proof of financial means;
- Proof you will return to your home country once the Canadian visa expires;
- Identity and Civil Status Documents;
- A cover letter that explains the purpose of your travel to Canada;
- Letter of support/invitation to Canada.
This is the main list. There are also specific documents, their list varies depending on the program you choose.
My advice to you:
Always check the information in official sources, because in such serious matters as documents for immigration, requirements may change. To avoid an unpleasant situation, always double-check the information that you read on my blog or in any other unofficial source.
According to the Canadian Government website, you’ll need to prepare the following list of documents for permanent residence:
- Police certificates;
- Medical exams;
- Proof of funds;
- Birth certificate (required if you’re declaring dependent children);
- Use of a representative form (required if you’ve hired a representative);
- Common-law union form (required if you’ve declared your marital status as “common-law”);
- Marriage certificate (required if you’ve declared your marital status as “married”);
- Divorce certificate and legal separation agreement (required if you’ve declared your marital status as “divorced”);
- Death certificate (required if you’ve declared your marital status as “widowed”);
- Adoption certificate (required when a dependent child is listed as “adopted”);
- Proof of relationship to a relative in Canada;
- Digital photos to confirm your identity;
- Another name to confirm aliases;
- Any other documents that you feel are relevant to your application.
It is also important to understand that you will be required to fill out various forms and applications. It is highly important to complete these documents correctly, without errors, because it may depend on whether you receive a positive response from the Canadian government. To agree, starting the process anew only because of an error in filling out the document is very annoying.
So, I don’t want to bore you with a lot of lists.
We have discussed a very important topic – the topic of collecting documents.
Stay connected, and you will learn all the pitfalls of immigration to Canada firsthand.