These months just keep on flying by. I feel like life is constantly hitting the fast forward button and I can barely keep up!
This month I read 17 books! That’s 3 more than last month which bodes well for goal of 19-20 in October.
- Red, White and Royal blue
- With the Fire on High
- A Wedding in December (ARC)
- The Hamilton Affair
- Between the Shades of Gray
- Emergency Contact
- This Time Will Be Different
- Somewhere Along the Way (ARC)
- Not Hungry (ARC)
- 13 Little Blue Envelopes
- I Wanted You To Know (ARC)
- The Chaos of Standing Still
- The Library of Lost Things (ARC)
I’m going to start with a few “blog or book” related thing I did this month
- I group read the Legend Trilogy and thought it was great!
- I think I posted 20 new posts??? That sounds like a crazy amount but I posted almost twice a day every day that I posted. I fully intend to back down on this next month.
- I interacted with one of my favorite authors on twitter and then cried!
- I preordered a book for the first time. I can’t wait to read Conceal Don’t Feel in October!
- I started organizing my Goodreads books (kinda, sorta…. some of them)
- I took part in two read a thons. I thought I would crush the ATLA readathon since it was only 3 books but I didn’t get the group book in time.
- I did REALLY well on House Battles though! I read 5727 pages and completed 11 class challenges scoring 6377 points for Hufflepuff
And in personal life….
This month has been hard. Being back as a host is reminding me of being sixteen when my mental health was at its worst. Even though I am at work, surrounded by people, I feel isolated because most of them are so young. On top of this, some of my family has gotten various bad news. We are also in the home stretch before we get married and while I am excited, there are a lot of details we need to finish.
On some happy notes, this month I got a new phone and started a bookstagram ( devourbookswithdana).
Also my sister/best friend announced she was getting married and asked me to be a bridesmaid! I said yes, of course and booked my tickets to go out in January. I can’t wait!
Some of you make have seen that Leelynn and I were supposed to meet up one Saturday in September and unfortunately that didn’t work out. However, I ended up going to the zoo that day because it was beautiful out and we got to see a lot more animals than we normally do! Here are some pictures we got that day! We made sure to see the panda because at least one is leaving soon and then we went into the small mammal house and the little guy in the middle! He sat like that for probably five minutes and I got that picture right before he went back inside. Lastly and my favorite part, THERE WAS A NEW BABY SEA LION!!!!! I love sea lions and Alice and I actually got engaged right by their exhibit at this zoo! The new baby’s name is Celia (all the sea lions have C names) and this was her first week allowed out! I could have spent all day watching her.
TV shows and Movies
- Alice and I are watching Golden Girls through again on Hulu.
- I really didn’t watch too much tv but I have been watching the Try Guys on Youtube!
- I started NCIS because Ziva FREAKING David is back and my heart is hers yet again.
- Hamilton has been a constant
- This Supercorp playlist is breaking my heart and I love it
Tips and Tricks for Writing Book Reviews by Mari @ Musingsofabookgirl
Obviously I love this post because Mari, our sweet love, basically wrote it because I cried out for help on Twitter.
Fitting Blogging Into My Busy Life // FT. My Tips For Being Somewhat Productive by Kelly @ Another Book in the Wall
More tips for blogging and how to make sure we keep up!
Beyond the Blurb | Bloggers, Embrace Hiatuses, Don’t Run from Them by Siobhan @ Sioban’s Novelties
Blogging is fun and important but you are more important. I love this because it makes me feel less bad about saying that sometimes I need a day or more away from books and blogging
19 Books That Mean the World to Me by Arin @ Tomes of Our Lives
Arin talks about 19 books she loves to celebrate her birthday!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN!
Things I’ve Learned Since Starting My Blog by Kate @ Melting Pages
In which I once again learn more to help improve my blog!